Positive Effects of the Internet - Buzzle
Positive Effects of Internet - Research Paper - 419 Words
1. What does Internet Governance for Development (or IG4D) mean in your country’s context?
2. Define what is Internet and what should Internet development focus its efforts on?
3. We have seen the positive effects of Internet development. What would be some of the challenges experienced in respect to the Internet and its evolution for developing countries?
4. Explain the difference between connectivity and connective-ness.
5. How can we balance the societal-political-economic goals or challenges better? And how can we then accelerate these developments?
Let’s change over to another positive effect of the Internet
Some studies have suggested a positive association between college students' Internet use and their learning. In Suhail and Bargee's (2006) survey study with 200 university students from Pakistan, around three quarters of respondents noted positive effects of Internet use on their learning in at least three aspects. First, Internet use improved their grades. Second, the Internet expanded their reading, writing, and information-processing skills. Third, the Internet has proved a helpful tool in their studies. In another study, Kuh and Hu (2001) used data (collected with the College Student Experiences Questionnaire) from 71 four-year colleges and universities in the United States (N = 18,344) and found that surfing the Internet for course material had positive net effects on intellectual development and vocational preparation, in addition to personal development.